Every Tuesday night various bars in the Sa Gerrare neighbourhood of Palma de Mallorca offer tapa or pinxos and a drink for 1.50-5 euros. It's a brilliant deal, you get to try all these delicious foods and its just a fab way to spend the night, hopping from one place to the next. Here's a rundown of some of the bars I went to on my recent trip to the Mallorcan capital:
Tuesday, 5 July 2016
Friday, 1 July 2016
I'm always trying to convince people to go to Palma de Mallorca, I tell them about the great art galleries, the food scene to rival Barcelona's, its charming old town and how rather slick and glamorous this thriving city is. And yet they are skeptical, I think its because we all went on those family package holidays on the island when we were little (around 15 years ago mind) with holiday clubs, and hotel entertainment and British food. These resorts still do exist but Mallorca and particularly its capital offers so much more.
Thursday, 30 June 2016
- It was picnic season earlier this month and I went all out. I'm talking a posh wicker basket, new picnic blanket, and so much tupperware. If you're going to go picnicking, do it right!
- Im making extremely slow progress with my driving lessons. I'm not a natural that's for sure, and I really really hate roundabouts! Am I meant to enjoy these lessons?!
- I went to a couple of Art exhibitions, one was my brothers masters exhibition, the other was Matt Collishaw at Fountains Abbey.
- I had a complete reading slump that began with Black Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin. This is a crime thriller, it is supposed to be page turning but I gave up half way through and its been about a month and I'm only starting to get back into reading. Not happy Julia!
- Days out this month: Harlow Carr, Bolton Castle, Fountain's Abbey and Constable Burton Hall and Gardens.
- We're leaving Europe. It's awful and I haven't heard anything thats making me feel at all better about it.
- I think I've replaced books with podcasts. My favourites right now are Casefile True Crime and Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder. Any recommendations?
- Highlight: a three night stay in Palma, Mallorca
Sunday, 26 June 2016
Yorkshire is a county awash with medieval castles and jagged ruins, so what makes Bolton Castle so special? Well, for a start its location in the heart of Wensleydale gives a truly stunning view from every angle, even from the gardens outside you are faced with this breathtaking landscape surrounding it.
Saturday, 25 June 2016
Sometimes you have no words on a day like today. So here are some from Jen Campbell, a wonderful writer, poet, bookseller and youtuber.
Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow and it's all been just a terrible dream....
Friday, 17 June 2016
So, I made a list. This one is for those times when you're feeling a bit bored, fed up or restless. When there are no trips away to look forward to, you've spent all your money on boring adult stuff and yet you want that experience when travelling and exploring something new:
|Driving in the Yorkshire Dales. Squint a little, pop some Tom Petty on and pretend you're on the American Highway|
Sunday, 12 June 2016
© Postcard Daydreams. All rights reserved.